Brooker Memorial Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

"There are always helpers"

Regarding the tragedy last Friday in Newtown, I've been receiving words of wisdom  via email from a variety of sources. Here is a quote from Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers). I thought it was really helpful, especially for parents with young children: 
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."
posted by Cathy Coyle, Executive Director, Brooker Memorial

1 Comments:

At March 19, 2015 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this quote. Mr. Rogers spoke so well to children and I believe we are all still and will ever be children.
Chris Amorosino

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home